Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Virtual and In-Office Consultations Available
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Hunterdon Oral Surgery, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We are now offering telemedicine appointments for some appointments to limit the amount of appointments needed at our office.
- We have implemented a cleaning schedule for all frequently touched surfaces and will be using an EPA approved hospital strength disinfectant.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We ask that all patient registration be completed online before your appointment so that we can limit the amount of time in the reception area. You will receive online registration instructions via text and/or email prior to your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean
that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. You may be asked to wait in your vehicle until your appointment is ready if possible.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at Hunterdon Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Specialists Phone Number 908-751-7117.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Olumide Olawoye and Team